Job Title: Public Area Attendant
Company: Highway West Vacations
Full Time/ Part Time:
The public area attendant is responsible for maintaining the public spaces of the property including all restrooms, lobby, retail space, pools, corridors, event space, and recreational space. The public spaces are the first impression that our guests have of our property and we understand that first impressions are key to a successful stay.
- Cleans rooms, hallways and restrooms
- Cleans and maintains restaurants and event spaces
- Sanitizes high-touch areas
- Vacuums carpets
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors
- Empties ashtrays and urns
- Polishes furniture and fixtures
- Vacuums and polishes elevators
- Keeps the front of the hotel free from trash
- Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using a vacuum cleaner, broom and shampoo machines
- Washes walls and ceilings, moves and arranges furniture
- Dust and polishes metal work
- Performs daily assigned tasks in toilets, lifts, back areas, terrace, etc.
- Complies with Lost and Found Policy of the Hotel
- Assists guests in Public Areas when required
- Knowledgeable of all hotel facilities, hours of operation, restaurants, retail and function rooms
- Posts caution signs as and when required
- Cleans and maintains all equipment
- Assists in completing monthly inventory
- Follows up on special cleaning schedule assigned by management
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment as needed and asked by management
- Perform other duties, including: participate in employee meetings, assist other departments on high turn days, complete projects as assigned.
- Dependable, punctual, impeccable attendance record
- Accurate, attention to detail, service oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor
- Must be able to work on feet for extended periods
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Education: High School Diploma Preferred
- Minimum Job-Related Experience: 6 months -1 years
- Writing: Frequently writes non-standard responses.
- Lift/Carry/Pull/Push up to 50 lbs.
- Close Concentration, Manual Dexterity
- Exposure to chemicals with protection.
For more information, contact us at [email protected].